[Zope] IE and HTML pdf's generated on the fly

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:24:11 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Dennis Allison wrote:

> Jerome Alet <alet@librelogiciel.com> responded:
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 03:15:50PM -0700, Dennis Allison wrote:

> > did you try my suggestion to replace "inline" with "attachment" ?
> >
> > why can't you call your method like "something.pdf" , that's just
> > a name after all ?

I have bad news for you. Go check the microsoft help site and search for
content-disposition. That is not supported very well in IE and different
patches for IE cause it to behave even differently. I think you are
basically screwed for this. What I ended up doing was have a document that
could accept a virtual file name by override __bobo_traverse__ in a python
product and then ended up handing the system another html page with a meta
refresh tag to redirect to that virtual object that the real object handed
it the data back for. You also can't just redirect to that object directly
since IE does not redirect to PDF and other formats other then html
correctly which you can also verify by looking at support.microsoft.com

Sorry but I have not found a better solution then this so far and would
love to find a better one.