[Zope] Zope on MacOSX?

Andrew M. Langmead alangmead@boston.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:44:42 -0400

On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 07:56  PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> A quick foray into building 2.1.x on MacOSX ended in failure (2.1.x was
> released before MacOSX was available).

I build Python 2.1.3 and Zope 2.6 on OS X. Some hints I can give are:

Build on a UFS filesystem to avoid case insensitivity problems. If your
disks have HFS+ file systems, use /Applications/Utilities/Disk Copy.app
to create a UFS disk image big enough to hold your build  and mount it.

You might want to run python's configure like this
"LDFLAGS="-flat_namespace" ./configure"
to make the OS X linker act more like traditional unix link editors.

You should also want to add the (documented via --help) --with-dyld flag
to python's configure.

If you have the fink utilities installed (fink.sourceforge.net), it has
some programs
and libraries that are helpful in building python, zope, and some of
their packages
and products.