[Zope] Rephrase: How do I get an owner of an object with no 'View management screens' permission?

Miruna Badescu m.bulandra@bucarest.finsiel.ro
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:59:26 -0700

Rephrase:
I'm creating some kind of CMF and I need to test if a user is owner of
an object, in order to let him edit or not the object.

The regular: AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role('Owner', this())
is not working fine since it's based on acquisition: if you own a
folder, it presumes you own the things inside it.

So I tried owner_info, like zope uses, but an user has to have 'View
management screens' to call it. I don't want to give this permission to
most of the contributors.

Is there an work-arround?

Thanks,
Miruna