[Zope] Javascript onclick event and DTML

robert robert@redcor.ch
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:03:59 +0200

Before I answer your question I would like to stress two things:

- Zope runs on the server (an knows nothing of the client)
- Javascript runs on the client (and knows nothing of the server)

Seeing that one understands imeidiately, that Javascript *can not
directly* access the session variables.

However there are a couple of different ways to look for a solution:

One of them I use:

- you dynamicaly generate Javascript you include in your html page. This
you do best with a pythonscript that returns the javascript.
This output you include in your page:

Example (untested):

pythonscript (called example):

var1 = getattr(context, "var1")