[Zope] IE and HTML pdf's generated on the fly

De ZORZI Frederic fredz@pimentech.net
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:06:49 +0200

> fredz@pimentech.net wrote Tue Oct 15 02:28:32 2002:
>
>>Wrong.
>>I've done pdf generation on the fly with an external method :
>>
>>Headers :
>>	REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Length',len(pdfoutput))
>>	REQUEST.RESPONSE.appendHeader('Content-Type','application/pdf')
>>External method :
>>choose an id with .pdf extension ; that's the only real method for that
>>buggy Internet Exploder.
>>
>>Of course, this also works with Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, Konqueror ...
>>

> Frederic,
>
> Thanks for your comment.  I'd like to rationalize your experience with mine
> and that of other list responses.  I believe that your comments apply to
> the situation where the client makes an explicit request for a pdf document.
> Is my supposition correct?

Yes, it's a direct link, not a form action, but I don't understand why
IE should be confused if you do a "<form
action="yourexternalmethod.pdf>", and echo the pdf document you want to
serve in that script ?