[Zope] extreme newbie questions

john.fink@library.ucsf.edu john.fink@library.ucsf.edu
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Charlie Reiman wrote:

> Huh. Well, either that zope is horribly, horribly screwed or it isn't zope.
> My Zope's 404s look like this:
>
> GET /asldjfldsjf HTTP/1.0
>
> HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
> Server: Zope/(unreleased version, python 2.1.3, sunos5) ZServer/1.1b1
> Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:24:37 GMT
> Bobo-Exception-File:
> /home/creiman/zope/ZopeCVS/Zope26/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py
> Bobo-Exception-Line: 606

> I'm guessing you've got something else running on that port. Do you still
> get the 404 after killing zope and trying the GET test?  Are you running
> Zope behind apache or squid or something else?

Huh.  Stopping Zope and then trying to telnet to 8080 gives me *exactly*
the same results.  Maybe something in Apache or elsewhere is grabbing that
port?  I'm not the only person with root on the machine so it's possible
somebody has done something and I just don't know about it... I'll keep
plugging.

Thanks much.

jf