[Zope] further adventures with "Not found"

john.fink@library.ucsf.edu john.fink@library.ucsf.edu
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:39:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Paul Winkler wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 02:29:52PM -0700, john.fink@library.ucsf.edu wrote:
> > Both the manage URL and the toplevel URL give me the same error.
>
> OK, zope is really screwed up then.  You can *always* get to /manage.
>
> Have you tried restarting zope?
>
> If that doesn't fix it, I bet your installation's hosed.
> no idea why.
>
> --

Okay, changing z2.py so that the ZServer HTTP is launched on a different
port solves the problem -- there's something (Apache, no doubt) external
to Zope that is grabbing that port... I'll figure it out from here.

Sorry to post such damn fool obvious questions to the list and thanks
everyone for their very helpful advice.  I really appreciate it.

jf