[Zope] changing LocalFS content type

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:33:55 -0500

I have some data that was uploaded to a LocalFS (Local File System) dir
and the type of the code was incorrectly specified as
application/octet-stream when it should be text/plain.

I went into the manager interface and changed the 'Content Type' field
and got no errors, but when I go back and look I see that it is still
application/octet-stream.  Is this a bug in bug in LocalFS?  Does anyone
know how if it is possible to change the content type of an LocalFS
file?

The file was uploaded to the zope server LocalFS dir using some client
java code that incorrectly specified the content type.

Thanks,
John Hunter

LocalFS-0.10.1
Zope 2.5.1b1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, linux2)