[Zope] RE: CSV (Was: Perl scripts)

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:14:11 -0700

Woof. Wow. I had a look at this perl package and it is impressive. In
addition to the grunty icky work of supporting the OLE file format, it also
posseses a forumla parser, cell layout support, image placement (and
possible embedding, not sure), text formatting... It's quite impressive and
would take quite a bit of time and lots of testing to port in all its glory.

The good news is it doesn't appear to use any COM stuff or external C
packages so it should be pretty easy to port the core data file stuff. It's
also good code with clean layout and comments so it's easy to figure out
what is going on. Unfortunately, I don't have time and it isn't a priority
for my employer right now.