[Zope] Issue 219 - Logout not working (IE problem?)

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:43:05 -0400

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:58:57 +0100
Miche=E1l Healy <michael.healy@engitech.ie> wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I am having some problems when I try to log out of an application I hav=
e built using Zope.  I have used a Cookie Crumbler and am logging in to t=
he application using a modified version of the login_form created.  The p=
roblem is when I try to go to the logout page: http://locahost:8080/manag=
e_zmi_logout.

manage_zmi_logout uses HTTP basic auth, which has no notion of "log out".=
 CookieCrumbler uses cookies for authentication, to log out just expire t=
he cookies.

something like this python snippit:

context.RESPONSE.expireCookie('__ac', path=3D'/')

Add one of these lines for each cookie name specified in CookieCrumbler. =
Then return a "logged out" page. The CMF includes an example of this.

hth,

-Casey