[Zope] Hosting files sitting out in the OS file structure from Zope

Robert_J_Roberts@RL.gov Robert_J_Roberts@RL.gov
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:41:39 -0700

I am running:

Zope Version       (Zope 2.5.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86),
python 2.1.3, win32)
Python Version    2.1.3 (#35, Apr 8 2002, 17:47:50) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
System Platform  win32

Can anyone tell me how to host pages via Zope if the pages are not actually
internal to the ZODB?

I had to install MRTG on our network.  MRTG writes out a number of HTML
files.  It just writes them to a directory sitting on the hard drive of the
server. (e.g. c:\mrtg\docs\<somename.html>)

I would like to serve those pages with my Zope server.

The pages are updated every 5 minutes or so, hence, I am not inclined to sit
there FTP'ing them up into Zope as they are created :)

I thought I was well on the way to solving the issue by using Apache,
mod_rewrite, and SiteBase.  Much to my surprise, I ended up with Apache
serving Zope content and NOT the other way around.  Maybe I did it wrong,
but more likely (after re-reading all the documentation) I didn't understand
what I was doing in the first place and got it working just like it should,
it just wasn't what I wanted.

Can anyone tell me how to serve pages out of my file system using Zope while
still being able to serve all of my ZODB content?

Thanks

Robert J. Roberts
robert_j_roberts@rl.gov

---