[Zope] extra parameters in dtml-var

Andreas Brinner abrinner@gmx.de
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:18:09 +0200

Hello,

I have searched the internet and the maillinglist, but haven't found any
answer. Why is it not possible to pass extra parameters to the called
script with <dtml-var ...> in the following way:

Example:
 <dtml-var some_other_dtml_method say="hello">

with some_other_dtml_method:
 <dtml-if say>
    I say: <dtml-var say>
 </dtml-if>

O.K. there is the way:
<dtml-var expr="some_other_dtml_method( _, REQUEST, say='Hello')">

But in my opinion this is unnessecary complicated, the first way would be
more intuitive and it shouldn't be so complicated to implement it.

So, was this discussed earlier and is there a reason for not doing it so?

Andreas