[Zope] Re: CSV (Was: Perl scripts)

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:32:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Andy McKay wrote:

> > I guess I have to install the zope-perl stuff from ActiveState, right?
>
> Yes, Zope Perl doesn't come with Zope. You have to install it. But dont
> worry, usually installing it is the hardest part.
I found the "Installing Zope-Perl on Debian" HOWTO
  ( http://www.zope.org/Members/ajlouie/zoperl ) .
As a Debian maintainer I wonder if I would really need commercial
products like ActivePerl and ActivePython to run Zope-Perl.  Please
do not missunderstood this lines:  It is really OK what companies
like ActiveState do and they do a good job for the Open Source
community.  But we as Debian project are just not allowed to ship
this kind of software for legal reasons.

When I find a useful program I try to integrate it into Debian and
thus I wonder if there is any way to go with free tools to enable Perl
in Zope.  What is the main difference of the Active{Perl,Python}
distributions which make them a prerequisite for zope-perl?

Kind regards and thanks for the hint

          Andreas.