[Zope] question about local roles

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:48:11 -0700

At 10:20 AM 10/22/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>I forgot to mention a detail, a_method is not in a_folder folder. It is
>acquired the same way the hippo gets vaccinated in the zope zoo.

Permissions aren't acquired that way.  If they were, someone could just
type the URL:

         server/public_folder/private_method

and circumvent your security settings at will.

You can do one of three things:

1. Change the permissions to a_method manually.
2. Change the permissions for bin/
3. Move the files around so that methods with similar levels of access are
grouped together.

1 or 2 will fix the occasional exception.  Approach 3 will yield the best
results long-term.

HTH,

Dylan