[Zope] <noscript> and dtml

Chris Beaven Chris@d-designz.co.nz
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:55:04 +1300

The problem is that <noscript> is handled on the client side, but DTML tags
are handled before the client even gets the page!

I guess another way around it would be to have the entry page with the "no
javascript" error message and have that page redirected to the real page
with javascript

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
document.location.href = 'http://reallocation'
//-->
</script>
<noscript>
You must turn on javascript
</noscript>

-----Original Message-----
From: AM [mailto:list_subscriber@neurobs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 October 2002 2:33 p.m.
To: Zope
Subject: [Zope] <noscript> and dtml

Hi,
In my standard_html_header if I put the following:

<noscript>
<dtml-raise NoJavascript></noscript>
<noscript>

......</body>

which is then handled by my standard_error_message.

Now the problem is even if scripting is enabled, the error is raised.
My standard_error_message redirects to an error page, so I tried
redirecting directly from within the noscript tags, and the same
happens: even though scripting is enabled I get redirected.

So I thought maybe it needs some text inside it to function properly,
and so I put some plain text inside the noscript tags and still the same.

What is the problem? If it cant be solved this way how do I go about it??

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231

 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes