[Zope] Zope Database Cache

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:59:56 -0400

> > So the total for all caches is just the number of object in each
> > connection cache. This means that in theory, with a target size
> > of 400, the system will try hard to make sure that no more than
> > 1600 (persistent) objects are sitting around in memory (400 x 4
> > ZODB connections).
>
> OK, that explains it. I think that the 'in theory' part is important: I
> still got a lot more objects cached than 400 * 80 (my current #threads).

On Zope 2.6, the reality is much closer to the theory (thanks to Toby
Dickenson for his excellent cache overhaul). Older versions had issues
in the cache implementation that made them far less effective than
the 2.6 cache :)

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com