[Zope] Zope 2.6 from CVS

Pieter Biemond prive pieterb@gewis.nl
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:04:25 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Can somebody explain how I can use Zope 2.6 from CVS (using Python
2.1.3)? Following
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/SupportPython22/CVSUsageDuringTransition

> There is (and will continue to be) a "current release branch", which is
> the branch that stable (bug-fix) releases are made from. Currently the
> release branch name is zope-2_6-branch, and is the branch from which we
> make the Zope 2.6.x releases. For more information on branches and our
> release process, see the Zope Release Policy.

and tried the following:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository login
cvs -z7 -rzope-2_6-branch -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository \
	checkout Zope

When I try to start Zope, it barks that it wants Python 2.2.x.
(doc/INSTALL.txt mentions Pytnon 2.2 will be required for 2.7)
which shouldn't be required for 2.6?

Am I using the wrong CVS-tree?
What is the difference between the Zope-2_6-branch and the
Zope-2_6-i18n-branch?

Can somebody give me more info?

Regards,

PieterB