[Zope] ExternalEditor and M$ Word setup?

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:28:54 +0200

Hi Casey & lists

We aim to use ExternalEditor as the crux of our CMF for end-users.
When logged in to Plone, the ExternalEditor icon shows up with the
user's content. Which strikes me as very, very cool.

It works fine for plaintext content, but it will have to work with
Microsoft Word (and/or OpenOffice). Currently, when I try this, Word
tells me that it doesn't have an importer for this type of content
(though it is a plain .doc file I'm editing), and opens the file as
unconverted gunk with some recognizable text here and there. I'm
guessing that this may be thanks to ExternalEditor's tempfile name.

Does anyone have a ZopeEdit.ini that works with Word?

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za