[Zope] Pracitcal WebDAV usage

Chris Herrnberger chris123@magma.ca
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:03:44 -0500

On Monday 28 October 2002 09:44, Chetan Kumar wrote:
> Hi all
> I have an installation with logins for users. Various folders contain t=
he
> documents they should be able to manipulate. Ownership can be fixed.
> These documents are to be saved on the server and I intend to display
> these through the server (using the XML related products in Zope).
> The question is how does a user access the documents for editing?
> I am not able to login through Openoffice1.0.1. There has to be some
> point I am not taking care of.

Ahh I see we are working on the same issues..:) Note its not a zope issue=
 at=20
all, rather webdav authentication is still broken in 00o.org1.0.1 Works f=
ine=20
if no authentication is required.  The appropriate third party model was=20
fixed but did not seem to make it into the 643c dev release. Check the bu=
g=20
collector on OOo.org. It should be fine in the next release, or alternati=
vely=20
complile your own version for testing, See build notes on OOo.org Can be=20
done.=20

Be interested in discussing your zope setup in more detail as I was start=
ing=20
to work on the same. You can post to me directly if you want or zope rela=
ted=20
issues to the list, your call.

Chris H
Regional Rep: Canada