[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Pound - reverse proxy and load balancer - v1.0

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:32:15 -0500

Caching has nothing to do with bandwidth and everything to do with handling large numbers of requests per second. Something Squid excels at. Caching removes load from the Zope server as well, potentially increasing the responsiveness of non-cached pages too.

That said, Pound looks like a pretty cool piece of software.

-Casey