[Zope] Accessing self in External Methods

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:18:38 -0700

When you say the file object is an attribute of your ZClass, what do you
mean.  What superclasses are you using?  Are you getting a NameError?

For your last question, have you tried getting self.__class__ in your
external method to access the class; I don't know if this will accomplish
what you are looking to do, but it seems worth a try?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: ratem@censa.com.br [mailto:ratem@censa.com.br]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 10:28 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Accessing self in External Methods

Hi,

I am using an external method to call wvWare and catalog a M$-Word file
content.

The file object is an attribute of my ZClass.
The external method is called by a Python Script (PrincipiaSearchSource).=
=20

I=B4d like to know how can I access the file atribute from the external
method.
I tryed directly: self.file, but it didn=B4t work. Does that mean ZClasse=
s=20
atributes are always private?=20
How can I get this file object?=20
Using getattr?

One more question: how can I modify a class attribute inside the External=
=20
Method?

thanks,

Rogerio