[Zope] Transcience exceeds maximum number .. ZStylesheet bug?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:12:23 +0200

Brad Clements writes:
 > I'm beating up my Zope server with OpenSta (thanks for dropping the link on this list
 > the other day..)
 >
 > My test fails after about 980 downloads, with the traceback below.
 >
 > 1. I'm not using any session data.
 >
 > 2. I have a ZStyleSheet, but it's just being rendered..
 >
 > 3. No cache objects enabled on this test server.
 > Error Type: TALESError
 > Error Value:
 > Products.Transience.Transience.MaxTransientObjectsExceeded on 1000
 > exceeds maximum number of subobjects 1000 in '<PythonExpr
 > here.StyleSheet.style()>', at line 7, column 5
Apparently, your assumption 1 is wrong:

  There is a session created for each of your requests.

I see two options:

  *  You extend your testing framework that is handles cookies.

     Then, instead of one new session per request, you will
     just have a single session for all your requests.

  *  You find out what references "SESSION".
     From your traceback, it seems that "ZSSAttribute.py, line 75"
     is key to this question (although, it seems the "background-color"
     is looked up, which, for strange reasons, seems to trigger
     a DTML object).

Dieter