[Zope] Zope and OSX 10.2

David Shaw spam2@theresistance.net
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:06:16 -0400

Has anyone had luck getting Zope running with MacOSX 10.2?  I had it
running under 10.1, but with 10.2, I cannot get it to compile.  I tried
using the included Python 2.2, but it does not include the
Makefile.pre.in file for Python.  I then tried to compile Python 2.2.1
for 10.2, but it has problems compiling the _socket module, apparently
because of 10.2's IP6 support.  The rest of the python distribution
compiles and runs, but even with it I cannot make the latest Zope
release due to an error in the "Makefile.pre.in" file.

The error is:

Compiling extensions in lib/python
cp /usr/lib/python2.2/config/Makefile.pre.in .
make -f Makefile.pre.in boot PYTHON=/usr/bin/python
make: *** No rule to make target `boot'.  Stop.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./wo_pcgi.py", line 45, in ?
   File "./wo_pcgi.py", line 33, in main
   File
"/Applications/ZopeServer.app/Contents/Scripts/SoftwareHome/inst/
build_extensions.py", line 30, in ?
     make('lib','python')
   File
"/Applications/ZopeServer.app/Contents/Scripts/SoftwareHome/inst/
do.py", line 62, in make
     do('make -f Makefile.pre.in boot PYTHON=%s' % sys.executable)
   File
"/Applications/ZopeServer.app/Contents/Scripts/SoftwareHome/inst/
do.py", line 32, in do
     if i and picky: raise SystemError, i
SystemError: 512

Anyone have any suggestions?