[Zope] silva installation problem

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:16:25 +0200

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 06:19:15PM +0200, Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar wrote:

> Hi Reinoud,
>
>  > I saw the announcement of the Silva system on www.zope.org and want to see
>  > if it suits my needs. I installed all the modules, but when I try the last
>  > step of the installation (import  silva-0.8.3.zexp), my entire zope server
>  > crashes. The only thing I found was a line in /var/log/messages:
>  >
>  > Sep  2 17:38:47 zopetest /kernel: pid 337 (python), uid 25933: exited on
>  > signal 11
>  [snip interesting installation information]
>
> Uh, this does not look good ... as I have no BSD box at hand, I can only
> give some hints to localize the problem.
>
>  It seems You have installed all of the products to run Silva from
> scratch. Thus every product could have caused the problem.
>
>  Could You please try to localize the causing Product by adding the following
> items via the ZMI to a test folder? (better backup your Data.fs before ;-):
>
>  - Parsed XML       -> "ParsedXML"
>  - Formulator Form  -> "Formulator"
>  - XML Widgets Registry
>  - XML Widgets Editor Service   -> both "XMLWidgets"
>  - Silva Root       -> "Silva"

I can succesfully add all of the above... No problem. I updated python to
2.1.3 (although Zope 2.5.1 README states that 2.1 should work). But still
Zope crashes when I import the zexp. Nothing in stupid.log, errorlog has
only:

[Tue Sep  3 13:06:42 2002] [error] PCGI Error: [503 Service Unavailable]
((116) unable to connect, fd=4) Undefined error: 0

(which is logical: Apache complains it cannot reach the crashed Zope
server). And a message in /var/log/messages (see above).

Can I pinpoint the problem in another way? Does somebody have .zexp files
with parts of the big one?

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud