[Zope] zeo: commit lock tests fail, zope hangs when opening

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:05:33 -0500

When I run the ZEO (2.0b1) tests, it gets all the way to
checkCommitLock2OnCommit and just sits there.

I have Red Hat 7.3.

I built Python 2.1.3:

  ./configure --with-threads --without-pymalloc
  make
  make altinstall

I installed Zope 2.5.1 from the source tarball.

I can start and run Zope just fine without ZEO, but when I stop it and place
a seemingly banal and vanilla custom_zodb.py in /usr/local/Zope/var/, start
ZEO, and start Zope, I am unable to access Zope.  I get a timeout error in
the browser.

I can give much more detailed information, if someone can help me identify
what's relevant to solving this problem.

Thanks,

// mark

-