[Zope] Optimizing Target Size and Target max time in Control_Panel->Database->Cache Parameters

Sven Rudolph rudolph@medical-tribune.de
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:18:01 +0200

Hello all,

can anybody tell me something about optimizing "Target Size" and "Target max time between accesses" in "Cache Parameters".

Our Server has 1.5GByte of RAM and "Total number of objects in the database" is 324591. I pack the Database every day with "days=1" and "Database size" currently is 915.7M.
I restarted the Server 30 minutes ago and "Total number of objects in all caches" is already at 231889.
We have about 170000 hits/day.
My current values are:
Target Size: 110000
Target max time between accesses: 300

(I changed the default values because I thought the server has enough memory for this)

Do you have any suggestions/suggested readings?

I'm asking this, because I ran into some very diffuse performance/memory problems, and I don't know where to start searching.

Thanks in advance

Sven

--
Sven Rudolph, Programmierer