[Zope] Logout User

Borislav borislavd@gmx.net
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 10:32:21 -0500

> The default is basic auth, which has no intrinsic notion of logging out. If
> you install the CookieCrumbler product, that will let you use cookie auth and
> you will be able to log out users by expiring their cookies.

How is then Zope able to log me out of its management interface? I
checked the frame source where the logout menu is:

<form action="/" method="POST" target="manage_main">
<select class="form-element" name=":action"
onChange="window.parent.manage_main.location.href='/'+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value">
<option value="zope_quick_start">Zope Quick Start</option>
<option value="manage_zmi_prefs">Set Preferences</option>
<option value="manage_zmi_logout">Logout</option>
</select>
<input class="form-element" type="submit" name="submit" value=" Go " />

Is there a way to use the same facility from my scripts? It seems to me
that logging out a user is a basic operation that should be supported by
Zope 'out of the box', without the need of additional products. Just
wondering...

--Borislav