[Zope] Re:OT: HTML

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:30:20 +0200

Yet Another Solution to the "HTML Posting Issue" might be that we all just
stop being agressive about HTML-postings.

As some people said, moslty newcomers to zope post HTML, and since
zope@zope.org is for users, both old and new, it could do very well to stop
being annoyingly harsh about HTML postings. As far as I know, tolerance
never goes out of fashion in civilised company.

I dislike HTML postings as much as anybody else and here is a nice procmail
rule for those who really dislike HTML postings:

# HTML based mail
:0:

it will place those mails in a mailbox called "PeskyHTMLMail" (replace that
with /dev/null to taste). Feel free to add other rukles with different
content types.

I do think that polite reminders about HTML postings are in order, since
there will always be people who are not completely aware of current list
rules. Defending HTML posts, however will give you bad Karma for three
complete lifecyles. So there.

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen, dario@ita.chalmers.se        IT Systems & Services
System Developer/System Administrator     Chalmers University of Tech.