[Zope] Date-Problem, perhaps OT

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:22:30 +0200

For linux related clock problems see here:

http://www.linuxsa.org.au/tips/time.html

I had my date off by several hours, and this docuemnt helped me.

Also, I set my date with an ntp server usig the rdate -s <ntpserver> sommand
as root (actually i did a sudo rdate -s <ntpserver>). Typ ntp.apple.com for
public ntp server. I hanven't tested it, but it should work, afaik.

> Is there a way to correct the creation/modification time/date of a
> Zope object??

sort of. make a copy of it, and replace the original with it. Then you will
have a freshly created object (and if you do it with after the date problem
is fixed, then at least the object wont have wird dates). Clerarly not the
most elegant solution, but it works to some extent.

Hope this helps.

/dario
Dario Lopez-Kästen, dario@ita.chalmers.se        IT Systems & Services
System Developer/System Administrator     Chalmers University of Tech.