[Zope] Using a ZCLass property as TALES expression ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 20:24:41 +0200

Gilles Lenfant writes:
 > I'm actually building a ZClass for which some validation rules may be
 > customized object per object.
 > I think that using a TALES expression for that purpose may be a good idea,
 > but I can't find a way to execute a TALES expression in the context of the
 > current object, and get the result.
I do not know of a "TTW" (Through The Web) way to evaluate a
TALES expression (given as a string) in a given context.

Of course, you can do it in an External Method. You will find
several examples in the CMF (e.g. "ActionProviderBase", "DCWorkflow").

Dieter