[Zope] Programmatically creating instances of a ZClass

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:59:19 +0200

Borislav writes:
 > After I create the object with:
 >
 > container.manage_addProduct['MyProduct'].MyProduct_add(id='myBeautifulObject')
 >
 > I can get the object id with:
 >
 > container.objectIds()
 >
 > However, the object does not appear if I browse the container through
 > the ZMI.
 > Is there an additional step, maybe setting some object
 > properties, so that the object appears in the ZMI?
No. But, there must be no error (exception) after the object is
created. Otherwise, the transaction is aborted and all of its effects
wiped out.

Another solution may be, that "container" is not what you expect.
In this case, the objects would be created elsewhere..

Dieter