[Zope] How to do a tabbed navigation interface with ZPT

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:16:41 -0500

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 02:39:34PM -0300, Alec Munro wrote:

> I've been trying to figure out the best way to do this for a while
> now, but so far nothing has jumped out at me as being simple and
> effective.  Basically, we want a tabbed navigation interface, so
> that whichever tab the click on, the resultant page has that tab
> selected.

> I'm wondering what everyone has in the way of solutions for
> this. I'm sure there are many people doing this, and I would like to
> hear about different solutions.

Here I go again, shamelessly promoting my meager collection of howtos
anywhere they might be remotely applicable. (An intro like that sounds
straight out of slashdot's typical "I know I'll get modded down for
this, but..." intros.)

The ZPT code at http://www.zope.org/Members/mwr/python_zpt_sitemap_zen
shows how I handled different highlighting for the current location in
the sitemap. It's probably horribly convoluted or non-idiomatic ZPT,
and I should be ashamed for posting it, (insert more traffic-driving
reverse psychology -- look at the code, code wants to be seen) but it
might help out.

Perhaps the whole purpose of my howtos are to serve as an warning for
others.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu