[Zope] REQUEST parameters needed throughout website

Stacy Roberts Ladnier Stacy.Roberts@noaa.gov
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 07:38:24 -0500

--------------27F52AD26A99E621173F2A3B

The website we are building relies heavily on 'parameters' that are set
throughout the site. A value entered in the first form on page 1 must be
persisted and retrievable from page 10, or any page for that matter. I
have approximately 50 parameters I will have to keep for the life of a
user's search. I DO NOT want to use the session to store the parameters
in because this will cause problems if a certain course of action is
taken. Is it possible for me to carry the REQUEST object from one page
to another, while adding, changing, or even deleting some of the values
it contains, for the life of a search? This REQUEST object will have to
travel in and out of Python scripts, DTML Documents and Methods, and
other objects. At certain times, I will want to retrieve one or more of
the parameters to use the value or change it. When changed, I will need
to place the new value in the REQUEST object. If I don't need a certain
parameter in a certain place, I do not want to have to mess with it at
all, and still have it remain in the REQUEST object and continue to be
avaiable to the next page if necessary.

Please understand I am very new to Zope. My company is trying to
transition from Java and JSP to Zope and Python. I need to make sure I
can handle this situation elegantly before proceeding. Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.

Stacy

--------------27F52AD26A99E621173F2A3B

begin:vcard