[Zope] Changing External Python Methods

DA Loeffler David.Loeffler@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:42:09 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm fiddling arround with some External Python Methods and I have to admit
> that it is a real pain to debug those Methods - at least I did not found a
> reasonable way.  It makes me really crazy ist the fact that it seems that
> Zope just caches the first version of the file which I putted into the
> Extensions directory and later changes are simply ignored.

You need to keep pressing the 'Save Changes' button in the External
Method's management screen, once every time you edit the method!

I found this so irritating that I wrote a small hack to add a tab to the
management interface to activate automatic refreshing; have a look at
my How-To, http://www.zope.org/Members/madcow/ExtMethodRefresh.

I hope you find this useful. I can't guarantee it's 100% bug-free; if
you have any problems please do let me know (not at this address, which
ceases to be valid in 3 weeks; contact me at loefflerdavid@hotmail.com).

David Loeffler