[Zope] Re: HTMLDocument & Dynamic Navigation

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:53:41 +0200

| Odes=EDlatel: Michael Hicks <mhicks AT wesdata.com>
| Thanks for the detailed response, Jaroslav.

:-)

Many advanced users was kick me to build that bugfree.
=20
| The reason I wanted to use the HTMLDocument product is because it
| meshes so nicely with the ieeditor visual editor
| (http://vsbabu.org/webdev/zopedev/ieeditor.html - thanks, Satheesh) and
| *then* wraps the header and footer around the document. Try ieeditor
| with a DTML document and it gets ugly, because DTML wants the header
| referenced in the code, which makes problems for the visual editor.

Hmmm... But I have problem mainly with czech codepage. Because here are t=
wo
used together and translated between these two on-the-fly. ISO-8859-2 and
Windows-1250. Human interface are Windows-1250 and data are stored into I=
SO
or unicode. IBM invent many years ago international ISO tables. It is due
Billgates shitty brain. Kill M$!!! Guys from AlQuaeda, why not was fired =
M$
Head Office!!?? Where you are! 0911 year after by 2 days - and nothing! A=
re
you sleeping or so?
=20
| Anyway - I fixed the problem. The way my header code used to build nav
| links for the current folder was by looping through context.objectItems
| which failed in the context of HTMLDocument.
|=20
| Now I simply loop through context.REQUEST.PARENTS[0].objectItems which
| works. What I end up with is a really great way for the technically-
| challenged to contribute to our church Web site using the visual HTML
| tools built right into IE5.x.

Would you post how? Will try too...
=20
| Thanks again for the response. I'm new to Zope/Python, and I'm feeling
| generally confused these days, so it's nice to get pointers when the
| docs fall short. :-)

I am new too, but I do not know programming in any modern language (hex
assm is my last programming "language" many yrs ago). Important is to cat=
ch
good starting point of view. But I think that I do not catch them until
now.

Regards JL.