[Zope] REQUEST parameters needed throughout website

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:29:11 +0300

Stacy Roberts Ladnier wrote:

> If I can find a way to force a new SESSION object to start when a user clicks
> a certain link, my problem may be solved. I know I ABSOLUTELY want to avoid
> passing 50 parameters in the URL string. That is so UGLY.
>
> You mention that I can, in fact, remove the arguments from the session. Can
> you please explain how I can do this in detail? I want the transition to ZOPE
> to bring about some valuable improvements to our site and the maintenace of
> our code.

Zope Book is you friend.

Using sessions gives you basic view of how to handle sessions:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx

Then check out the Session API and TransienceIntefaces:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AppendixB.stx

Here are three lines of Python Script from the example in Zope Book
appendix B:

l=SESSION['myList']
l.append('spam')
SESSION['myList']=l

Hope this helps. Now combine this information with the information
from Chris McDonough's email you should have a solution.

And then we see a great wisdom. If in the first place people would
describe better their problem, rather than how they can put cubic XYZs
into round holes -- if that is not exactly the problem, people would
definitely get better answers fasters ,--)

And / If you still more problems, please do not hesitate to ask.

-huima