[Zope] XML-RPC and binary data

Kyler Laird Kyler@Lairds.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:43:20 -0500

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 10:53:18AM -0400, Casey Duncan wrote:

> This would appear to be a bug.

I'll let Chris do that, but here's my recommendation...

The root of the problem is the Binary class.  It might
work just fine for its intended purpose, but it needs to
be rewritten if anyone else is going to use it.  It also
needs to be accessible to restricted code.

Everything could be solved if Binary were made to store
its data unencoded/decoded and present it either encoded
or decoded.  Ideally, it could also provide whatever
methods (seek and read?) are required for manage_addFile/
manage_addImage to accept it as source data ("file").

--kyler