[Zope] Re: returning related objects

VanL vlindberg@verio.net
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:24:41 -0600

Hello,

You said:

> >/ I want to do queries like:
/> >/ "Who are the managers that look over Golden Delicious Fields?"
/> >/ "What kinds of apples are grown in the Valley Orchard?"
/> >/
/> >/ Currently, I am trying to do a zcatalog query for the known item (say,
/> >/ the Orchard) and then run up or down the acquisition chain to retrieve
/> >/ the unknown, but related quantity.
/> >/
/> >/ Is there an easier way to do this?  One of the things that I like about
/> >/ Zope is the ability to store objects in their natural hierarchies.  Can
/> >/ I use that to get information about objects that are related to my
/> >/ current object?
/> >/
/> >/ Thanks,
/> >/
/> >/ VanL
/>
> have a look at ZCatalogs-PathIndex... with some python-logic you should
> be able to do this kind of questions.

I have been trying to do figure it out with the path, but I am still not
able to.  Any suggestions or sample code?

Thanks,

VanL