We're being censored! Kinda. (Was: RE: Offensive Email - RE: [Zope] Some basic questions on Zope performance/scalability)

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:54:38 -0400

Charlie Reiman wrote:

>I just sent that little joke about Fred being Jane and I got this creepy
>response from some over-protective server in New Zealand.

It's not just mail servers doing this.  I had several pages of one of my
sites banned by a school system's filtering proxy because they were
linked with query strings containing the term "budgetitem".  It took
several experiments to distinguish that as the offensive word.

-- Jim Washington