[Zope] Zope on local machine and ZSynched to a server - could it be like Radio Userland?

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:07:33 -0700

> I began to wonder, would it be possible in
> future to have content providers running local Zope instances and
> replicate with xml-rpc to the web server. And with possible I mean as
> easy to use as radio.

Peice of cake. I started thinking about this one time playing around with
Blogger. Blogger allows you to publish your site out to an ftp server. It
wouldnt be much different if one ftp'd out your say Squishdot web log onto a
plain and cheap site with ftp access (with the obvious static problem).

> Edited
> objects would be replicated back to the server and edit conflicts
> resolved. This kind of replicated storage would kick ass and would make
> possible to create applications that could be taken to field within
> laptops and then again replicated to main database when back at the
office.

It would be very cool. However there is obviously quite a bit of work on
ZSyncer alone for that sort of reliability and redundancy (and all the Zope
2 cruft). Not sure if there is a good commercial application for it though
;)
--
  Andy McKay
  Agmweb Consulting