[Zope] Zope on local machine and ZSynched to a server - could it be like Radio Userland?

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:10:56 -0700

> Well why not then do it

Usual excuses, because I have too many things to do and not enough time or
motivation to do them all.

> I would actually
> be interested to develope this kind of setup too - if you share your
> magic in how you are creating these setup-distributions.

Thanks for the complement, but there isnt much magic involved. Its just a
matter of using a good installer like Inno
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php and some great tools like Plone, Zope
the controller and flinging it all together. Thanks for reminding me though,
the Inno setup file is now included in the distro...

> And since we are talking about it - I would like to also know how to
> make programs / scripts into windows that add for example a new web
> folder shortcut to Zope with parameteres that user writes. ,-)

I think what you are talking about is it contained in the installer. If you
want to do it by hand, win32all provides lots of neat functions like
CreateShortcut()

> They could have local servers for each office and replicate servers..
etc...

If you really wanted to get fancy with this though it might be to look at
something like StandbyStorage which uses spread to syncrohnize ZODB's ...
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/StandbyStorage
--
  Andy McKay
  Agmweb Consulting