[Zope] RE: Users cannot acces sites

Roel Van den Bergh roel@planetinterior.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:35:56 +0200

My rewriterules look like this

<VirtualHost 194.78.49.253>
ServerName rmw.planetinterior.be
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLogLevel 3
RewriteLog "/usr/local/var/apache/logs/rewrite.www.log"
RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /home/zope/2-5-1/Zope.cgi/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
RewriteCond &{HTTP_HOST} ^.*:80$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/VirtualHostRoot/$
1 [L,P]
</VirtualHost>

I already tried many different solutions (follow my treads upwards :-)

The problem right now is the following:

When a user tries to enter trough http://rmw.planetinterior.be/RMW he is
redirected to the login page (as he should be because everyone has to login
first)
Login and password are entered correctly (if not U get Login failure) but
people are still being directed to the login page as if they where not
logged in.

Another question that raises my mind: we used to run a 2.5.0 Zope updated to
2.5.1, now we are using a 2.5.1 version build from source with Python 2.1.3
(build from source rpm). Could it be these two do not behave exactly the
same?