[Zope] RE: Users cannot acces sites

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:01:18 +0200

Roel Van den Bergh wrote:
> My rewriterules look like this
>
> <VirtualHost 194.78.49.253>
> ServerName rmw.planetinterior.be
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteLogLevel 3
> RewriteLog "/usr/local/var/apache/logs/rewrite.www.log"
> RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /home/zope/2-5-1/Zope.cgi/$1
> [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
> RewriteCond &{HTTP_HOST} ^.*:80$
            ^^^^^

Is the '&' right? I'm just asking, because I would expect a '%'.

> RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}/VirtualHostRoot/$1
> [L,P]
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/VirtualHostRoot/$
> 1 [L,P]
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I already tried many different solutions (follow my treads upwards :-)
>
> The problem right now is the following:
>
> When a user tries to enter trough http://rmw.planetinterior.be/RMW he is
> redirected to the login page (as he should be because everyone has to login
> first)
> Login and password are entered correctly (if not U get Login failure) but
> people are still being directed to the login page as if they where not
> logged in.

I'd use shane's nice tcpwatch (-> google) to record the whole http
conversation between a failing client and zope. I also would look at the
log files of zope.
In the http conversation you will see what cookies get sent by the
browser, what redirects happen (and when) and maybe this shows
something. For instance, that the browser ceases to send cookies at some
point and therefore the redirect to the login page happens.
Unfortunately I'm not experienced in this user folder product, but I'm
sure people here can help you if you post the output of tcpwatch.
If you do that, remember to use a throwaway account, because the
credentials will be revealed.

cheers,
oliver