[Zope] Re: Dreamweaver MX, was: Zope Myths?

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:33:30 +0100

--On 11 September 2002 20:44 +0200 "Johan Carlsson [Torped]"
<johanc@torped.se> wrote:

> At 19:09 2002-09-11 +0200, Juergen Osterberg said:
>> hi,
>>
>> > as some environments can support DTML (for instance Dreamweaver) this
>> > is not always a necessary.
>> >

>> is Dreamweaver MX btw any better than the previous version, i.e. does it
>> still suffer from the fact that files need a dot and files such as
>> index_html cannot be opened properly?
>
> Probably. And it probably does stupid thing over WebDAV as
> well (writing temp files to the server).
> I don't know for a fact though. But I think I tried it at one point.

This hasn't been updated for DW MX (I got fed up like Johan
with DW4 bloatware) but
<http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/dwhowto>
lists (under Gotchas) some of the "stupid things" DW does
and workarounds.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/