[Zope] Memory consumtion of a zope instance

Mark McEahern marklists@mceahern.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:58:06 -0500

[Jens Vagelpohl]
> there is a lot of factors playing into this::
>
> - ZODB size
> - hit rate on your website
> - ZODB cache settings
> - version of zope
> - number and size of ZCatalogs used
>
> IMHO i think it's really hard to give meaningful numbers.

I'd even be entertained and delighted to hear non-meaningful numbers,
though.  I say that partly in jest, but I guess I mean, "Any of the folks
out there hosting Zope care to share whatever numbers they have on how many
Zope instances they can fit on a machine?"  It would be a bonus to have some
information on the average Zope instance's profile a la the factors you
mention as well as stats on the machine (RAM, disk space, SCSI vs. Ultra
ATA, etc).

cheers,

// mark

-