[Zope] Re: External Editor question

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:28:32 -0400

On Thursday 12 September 2002 12:52 pm, eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com wro=
te:
> I was able to get External Editor working on a Solaris box and W2K Clie=
nt.
> I used Python-2.2.1.exe, win32all-148.exe, and zopeedit-win32-0.5.exe o=
n W2K
> client.

Actually the zopeedit-win32-0.5.exe binary already contains Python and=20
win32all.

> I only had to add an editor path to the ZopeEdit.ini to get it to work =
on
> the client (Product already installed on ZServer)
>=20
> Works great with one (1) editor path but how do I get it to differentia=
te
> from a text editor (or html editor) and an image editor?

[content-type:text/html]
editor =3D <path to dreamweaver>

[content-type:text/*]
editor =3D <path to general text editor>

[content-type:image/*]
editor =3D <path to iamge editor>

etc, etc
=20
> Read your doc's and it should have worked because file types are alread=
> config'ed.

Yes, but the general editor setting overrides the os setting. Try omittin=
g the=20
general editor setting entirely and just put dreamweaver under the text/h=
tml=20
content type and DTML meta types (assuming you want to use dreamweaver to=
=20
edit dtml):

[content-type:text/html]
extension =3D .html
editor =3D <path to dreamweaver>

[meta-type:DTML Method]
extension =3D .html
editor =3D <path to dreamweaver>

[meta-type:DTML Document]
extension =3D .html
editor =3D <path to dreamweaver>

If your other editors are already configured through Windows, then you=20
probably don't need to add anything else to your config file.

hth,

-Casey