[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Logging in as admin and impersonating another user - is it possible with Zopes sec policy?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:15:21 +0200

Redirected to "zope@zope.org" (not a development of Zope question)

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Dario_Lopez-K=E4sten?= writes:
 > I am wondering if it is possible to write a userfolder that does the
 > following:
 >
 > For certain categories of users, for instance Teachers, while keeping their
 > current authorisation of Teachers, I need to let them "impersonate" a user
 > with lower authorisation than they currently have, say Students.
 >
 > So a logged in Teacher could for instance examine what a particular student
 > sees in a Student portal (i.e. "previewing" it as would that particular
 > student)
This seems to have nothing to do with the security mechanism (as the
teacher should keep its current authorization).

Make a special view(skin) that defines how students see the content.
Allow teachers to use that (student) view; prevent students to use the
teachers only views...

Dieter