[Zope] ZClass : strange behaviour of a lines item in a propertysheet

Gilles Lenfant gilles@pilotsystems.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:04:13 +0200

Hi Zopistas,

I'm making a ZClass with a "lines" property in a propertysheet.
I add items in that list with a python script in the methods of that ZClass:

mylist = container.list_links
mylist.extend(items)

The stange thing is that sometimes, the items are appended to the list_links
property of the object (that's OK), and other times - in an untimely
manner - the items are appended TO THE PROPERTY DEFINITION IN THE ZCLASS
ITSELF !!!!!

Is it a Zope bug ? Has an object has the ability to modify its own class
!!!! In that case, it's a big security issue!

This has been noticed on a Win32/Zope 2.5.1 box. I did'nt yet try on my
freeBSD box.

Any idea ?

--Gilles