[Zope] Major problems with slow catalog queries

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:07:48 +0200

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Lea_Smith?= writes:
 > Have used the product callprofiler and found 90% of
 > the page creation time is more often than not taken up
 > by the script which queries the catalog and returns
 > the catalog results. The script does nothing else.
 > This time generally varies between 8 to 30 seconds,
 > but sometimes as long as 5 minutes!
Use Zope's profiler (--> Control_Panel --> Debug Information --> Profiling)
to analyse what (low level) functions use the most time.

I may be a caching problem (Control_Panel --> Database Management --> Cache parameters), or you use "getObject" a bit too often or ....

Dieter