[Zope] Cookies

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:22:16 -0700

I've got a little cookie tool I set up. It lets me view, set and clear
cookies. The problem is cookie values have quotes around them that I never
asked for.

The tool is one page with a form for setting cookies. The form uses the GET
method to send the cookie name, value, path, and expiration date. The top of
the page has a little dtml-if and this call:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setCookie(REQUEST.form['cname'],
REQUEST.form['cvalue'], expires=REQUEST.form['cexpire'],
path=REQUEST.form['cpath'], domain='kefta.com')">

This works marvelously and the cookie values that zope pulls out via dtml
look fine. But for other applications and within Mozilla's cookie manager, I
see the cookie value has double quotes around it.

Is this something I did or is zope trying to help me out more than I want it
to?